Parent Teacher Association
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a parent-run organization that supports the school with fundraising and volunteer projects. The PTA promotes parent and faculty involvement, and sponsors a variety of activities for students and families. All parents/guardians and teachers are welcome and encouraged to join in our efforts to grow our community and support our school’s success. A $5 membership fee enables you attend monthly PTA meetings and become a member of the PTA mailing list.
Step 1: Join the Starr King PTA!
- Use the Paypal form on the right to purchase your membership. You can use your credit card or Paypal account. Consider doubling your membership to provide dues for another family!
Step 2: Join the Starr King Parent E-Mail Groups!
- See Parent E-Mail Groups.
Step 3: Attend your first Starr King PTA meeting!
- See School Calendar for the monthly meeting date
- See PTA Meeting Minutes for notes from past meetings
The Starr King PTA meets monthly on the first Thursday of each month at 6:00pm in the school cafeteria. Check the community calendar for specific meeting dates. Dinner and child care for students are provided.
Community Email List
The Starr King community mailing list provides a forum for discussion about school issues and events.
What does the PTA fund?
A gift to the Starr King PTA will help fund programs shared across the school:
- Gardening programs
- Field trips
- Classroom supplies
- Back to School Night
- Monthly Principal's chats
- Professional development for teachers
- Teacher retention initiatives
To learn more, contact PTA president Sara Foster at email@example.com